How to use the heat pump efficiently, in order to use the heat pump efficiently, we must bear in mind that the Compressor is the component that needs the most energy to function.
Due to this we will have to adapt the operation of our device so that it creates a comfortable environment in the room but at the same time consumes the minimum energy required to do so.
Setting the Thermostat correctly
We have to understand that no matter how much we raise the temperature on our thermostat, the heat pump is NOT going to give more heat.
In both air conditioning and a heat pump, the device always produces the same temperature, what happens is that when it reaches the desired temperature in our home, the system is designed to turn off the compressor.
When the temperature drops again, the compressor starts again and the same process is repeated.
This means that if you place your equipment at 18º C or 30º C it will give the same temperature, then we must set an optimal temperature so that the device heats the space we want enough while spending the minimum of electricity due to prolonged stops of the compressor. Of course, all this, without you getting cold.
It is a myth, the belief that if we put the heat pump in full operation it will heat much more. That is not right. The trick is to find a temperature balanced with the environment in addition to having good insulation that allows to retain the heat that the device throws, in such a way that energy savings are achieved through passive and active devices.
Pioneer Diamante Series 12,000 BTU 20 SEER 115V Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Heat Pump Full Set with 16 Ft. Kit
- High Efficiency Diamante Ductless Mini Split Inverter Heat Pump System
- Use for both cooling and heating: 12000 BTU/hour with 20 SEER and 10 HSPF efficiency
- Diamante series carries a full line of low-ambient wall-mounted mini splits with capacities ranging from 9,000 BTU/hour to 36,000 BTU/hour for various residential and light commercial applications
- Complete system set including: indoor (fan coil) section, outdoor (condenser) section, wireless remote controller with remote holder, 16 ft. L line set with other installation accessories, free vibration absorber feet for the condensing unit
- Voltage: 115V, 60Hz, 1Ph
Hayward W3HP21404T Pool Heat Pump, 140,000 BTU
- Acoustic compressor cover and profiled fan blade ensures quiet operation and efficient performance
- Ultra-Gold corrosion resistant evaporator fin for extreme durability especially in coastal environments
- Titanium heat exchanger designed for maximum heat transfer, efficiency and reliability
- Durable injection molded UV-resistant body panels that are impervious to rust and deterioration
- 2in x 2 1/2in CPVC Union Plumbing Connections - Common union for installation or service, adapts to larger plumbing recommended for greater efficiencies
Pioneer Air Conditioner Pioneer Mini Split Heat Pump Minisplit Heatpump 12000 BTU-208/230 V
- Save money all year-round with a highly efficient ductless mini split inverter+ heat pump system
- Ultra-silent and beautifully built: perfect for home or light commercial use
- Use for both cooling and heating 12000 BTU/hour with 19 SEER and 10 HSPF efficiency
- Comes with every needed component in the box including an easy-install 16ft copper piping kit
- Free tech support and a 5 year coverage on the parts and compressor